I recently ran across one of those “copy and paste and play along” posts on Facebook, a list of questions to answer and share. This one was called “40 things about me,” but I’m too busy to wade through the whole bunch, and I’m betting a lot of y’all would tune me out somewhere around 13. So here’s the short list, or for those in my approximate age range, the Cliffs Notes / Reader’s Digest version of my life.
- Do you own a gun? No, I just sort of borrowed it from the sporting goods store.
- What do you drink in the morning? This question has a typo. It should be, “What, do you drink in the morning?” and the answer is “Usually.”
- Can you do 100 pushups? Maybe, but why would I want to?
- Age? I sure do, and brother, it’s a bear. Forget being 21 again; I’d settle for 59.
- Nick names? My only names are “David, “Dave,” and “Swan.” I am not called by “St. Nick,” “Nick the Greek,” “Nick Danger, Third Eye,” etc.*
- Employed? I’m retired, self-employed, and freelance. Figure it out.
- Biggest downfall? I took a header off the porch at a rather young age after wrapping a red towel around my shoulders and deciding I was Superman.
- Worst pain ever? Writer’s block. That’s why I’m writing this instead of my novel. (Blogger’s block is a whole nother mess.)
- Do you like to dance? Love it, but I’m banned from doing so in seventeen states because I do it like this.
- Three drinks you drink? Sometimes. Other times four or five.
- Favorite color? Blue – no, yellow AAAAAAHHHHHHH!**
- Summer, winter, spring, or fall? I prefer Carole King and James Taylor’s version: “Winter, spring, summer or fall / All you have to do is call / And I’ll be there / You’ve got a friend.” You do. Right here. 😊
*As a kid I was known as “Tito,” not for the Jackson brother or the Yugoslav dictator but Tito Francona, then with the Cleveland Indians and whose signature adorned my baseball mitt.
**The obligatory Monty Python reference.